Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tiger’s Curse (Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck

Tiger’s Curse (Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck
Hardcover, 416 pages
Published January 1st 2011 by Sterling
Passion. Fate. Loyalty.
Would you risk it all to change your destiny?
The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world.
But that’s exactly what happened.
Face-to-face with dark forces, spell-binding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.
Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more. – Goodreads
My Opinion: I don’t have words to describe this book. This was just AMAZING. I loved this. The plot line was different and it sort of reminded me of Beauty and the Beast except that Beauty this time figured out that she could help him with the curse. Kelsey is a great character and I love how noble she is in the end. I loved the ending. It just worked so well with how the story is going. I can’t wait for the second book, Tiger’s Quest, to come out in June.

Hampi, India
I loved the setting. There are so many locations that are amazing in this story, so why don’t I share some of them with you guys?
First off is Hampi, India.These are ruins are isolated and located close to jungles and forests. There are lots of amazing building and it was an important trade center back when it was created in the 3rd century BCE and until the 16th century.
Some of the animals mentioned int his book are amazing… Tigers for one are my favorite animals and it was fun learning some new tidbits about them. For example, I never imagined that a black tiger existed and I still don’t but I found this great image for you guys to look at. The Black tiger in the book is Kishan and the white tiger is Ren.

Ren
Kishan
Now back to the story, the characters were all very lovable, even Yesubai. Lokesh had his faults but he is looking for power.
This was a great book that I definitely recommend for you guys to read. I think you will enjoy it greatly.

Overall: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment