Saturday, February 12, 2011

All Just Glass (Shattered Mirror Sequel) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

All Just Glass (Shattered Mirror Sequel) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Hardcover, 256 pages
Published January 11th 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Sarah Vida has given up everything for love. From a legendary family of vampire-hunting witches, Sarah was raised to never trust a vampire, to never let her guard down, and to avoid all tricky attachments of the heart. But now Sarah IS a vampire—changed by the boy she thought she loved. Her family has forsaken her, and Sarah herself is disgusted by her appetite for blood.
Aida Vida is Sarah’s older sister, the good, reliable sibling who always does her family proud. But when Aida’s mother insists that Sarah be found and killed, Aida is given the one assignment that she may not be able to carry out.
Taking place over just twenty-four hours, ALL JUST GLASS tells the story of a game-changing battle that will forever change the world of the Den of Shadows. And at its center is the story of two sisters who must choose between love and duty. Dark, fully-imagined, and hard to put down, ALL JUST GLASS will thrill Amelia’s fans—old and new. – Goodreads
My Opinion: I know that a lot of people have said that this one was confusing but I’m my opinion it was okay in wasn’t what I expected it to be. I wanted more action and it just wasn’t that actiony. However something that i really enjoyed was the ending. I loved that twist that the author put in. I also loved the observations that Sarah made about Kristopher and Nikolas. But my favorite character had to be Kendra, even though she was only in a couple of scenes in the book it just worked and she was just someone I felt like I really enjoyed because of all the stories she told Sarah.

Something else that I really liked and didn’t like at the same time was the different perspectives of Sarah, Nikolas, Dominique, Adia, Michael and some other characters. I liked to see their perspectives but there were just too many of them set up into this one book. I also didn’t like that you had to figure out whose perspective you were looking through a couple of times, it was just a little confusing. However, If you haven’t read Shattered Mirror, I think it would be okay to just jump into read this one because there wasn’t really much talk about what happened Shattered Mirror and I don’t think you would be lost. The characters were also easy to keep up with because after a new character was mentioned there was a little description of who that character was/is.

The plot was okay. Sarah is conflicted about what she wants to do and with Dominique calling the Rights of Kin, she doesn’t know what to do and she doesn’t want other people to get hurt. That basically it. Sarah becomes closer to Nikolas in this novel and sorta loses a little of her relationship with Kristopher, but otherwise it was an easy read.
Overall: 3.75 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment