Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa
Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: January 25th 2011 by Harlequin Teen
“My name is Meghan Chase.I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who’s sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I’m not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.” – Goodreads
My opinion: I love love love loved this! There were some great things about this book. Meghan changes a lot in this novel. She learns more about her self and her magic as well as what kind of  a person she is. She figures out how to rely more on her self. Meghan also gets more responsibilities in this book than in any of the others because of what she has to do and how she accomplishes it in the end. I also love the her father (her human father) is brought back and how that makes her change and because of this I think she see how the Faery world messes humans and how humans are treated in general.
We also see a lot of character development from Ash and Puck. Ash becomes more open. Puck on the other hand becomes more reserved because of how the relationship between the trio is advancing.
The plot is outrageous. This is definitely one of my favorite series. There are so many amazing things happen from the twist with Puck, to who the false king is, and with even Ash’s family. The BIG TWIST has to be considered of who the false king is but the action and adventure and all the things that happen to them as every step and page through the novel. I LOVED THIS. I couldn’t put it down and it completely amazed me. I also loved the irony of after being exiled… they have to return because she is the only who can save them!
I can’t wait for The Iron Knight to come out! Thank you Julie Kagawa for writing! You just made this the beginning of a great New year for me!
Overall: 5+ out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment