Friday, January 7, 2011

Inside Out (Inside Out #1) by Maria V. Snyder

Inside Out (Inside Out #1) by Maria V. Snyder
Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 1st 2010 by Harlequin

“Keep Your Head Down.
Don’t Get Noticed.
Or Else.
I’m Trella. I’m a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I’ve got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.” – Goodreads

My Opinion: This is definitely a must read. There are so many twists and turns that totally enhanced the plot. There were so many moments where I was super excited to continue reading and couldn’t wait to turn the page.

Trella is an interesting character. It was interesting watching her change, in the way that she thinks, behaves, and speaks from the beginning of the novel to the end. We see her go from uncaring and unsociable to a very caring and responsible person, who happens to want to create a better world other than what she has now. She wants to have relationships with people and she understand them and she becomes more empathetic towards them. She also learns to trust and rely on others more. There are also plenty of other characters that use what they know to manipulate other characters.

The Plot! What can I say about the plot with out giving too much away. The setting is that of a box and Trella and her “friends” are trying to find a way out of the box. They go through all of these obstacles and they face many challenges from other characters and from the environment that they are situated in. The box is also separated in two levels, the uppers and the lowers. The Uppers are people that have blue eyes and they have more power (high class people). The lowers are the browned eyed workers (lower class) and they pretty keep “the box” aka Inside clean and they grow the food that the Uppers eat. The twists are a lot. Many, many twists. And the irony that neither the uppers nor the lowers know anything about the other class. The twists made me change my mind about what Inside actually was and then, the BIG TWIST was totally not what I expected. The book kept me guessing the whole time and I loved the different obstacles and the “treacherousness” of the leaders.
Overall: 5 out of 5
Book 2 in the Inside Out series is coming out on March 1st and Review will be coming soon the book is titled Outside In.

No comments:

Post a Comment