Saturday, January 29, 2011

Revolution



"Two girls, two centuries apart. One never knowing the other. But when Andi finds Alexandrine’s diary, she recognizes something in her words and is moved to the point of obsession. There’s comfort and distraction for Andi in the journal’s antique pages—until, on a midnight journey through the catacombs of Paris, Alexandrine’s words transcend paper and time, and the past becomes suddenly, terrifyingly present."


A very long book, and I loved it that way! It was really good.I'm almost done. I was taken inside the book almost instantly. She describes depression and loss perfectly. She puts in scientists, french history, teen confusion of where they stand in live and love.
 I thought that since in was in Teen Vogue and Seventeen in ads everywhere I looked that it wouldn't be the greatest French History Fiction ever ; But it is. It's seriously good. My best friend almost stole the whole dang thing out of my hands while I was reading it.

The author is Jennifer Donelly has other books and she's won a few major awards. She has a wonderful imagination. She won a award for "A Gathering Light" which I have not read yet but plan to.

No comments:

Post a Comment