Thursday, October 6, 2011

Speak

Speak
By:
Laurie Halse Anderson
               Speak is about a fifteen year old girl that is nearly mute, depressive, and alone. High school still dances around her taunting her. She’s doesn’t really care, even though she doesn’t say much on the outside she has a lot of thoughts on the inside. Melinda is now known as the girl that doesn’t speak nor has friends; she pulls a disappearing act sometimes. She is known as the “Girl that called the cops at that last great party”.  What people don’t know is why and why is she so depressed? Last year, people knew Melinda had a friends, she talked quite a lot even if she didn’t have a say in everything. Something happened that pushed Melinda over the edge, but… what? Melinda won’t Speak.

I read a lot of books but never like this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved it. I read it more than a couple times. I am now reading it for a small group assignment. I thought that I would be completely bored with it reading it, but it was like I just read it for the first time.
This is a great book to read at school.

1 comment: