Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jane by April Lindner

Jane by April Lindner
Hardcover, 373 pages
Published October 11th 2010 by Poppy(first published September 23rd 2010)
Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there’s a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane’s much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.Part irresistible romance and part darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers. – Goodreads
My Opinion: I have never read Jane Eyre but, this book is making it so that it is moving up on my To-be-read list. I liked Jane, even though she was really old fashioned. I thought that even with all of her experiences with her family, she would at least listen to some type of modern music and not classical as she does, or at least not only classical.
 
I also really enjoyed the setting. I liked the idea of Thornfield Park. I even liked Bibi and all her craziness. My favorite character is Brenda though. Just because she is so mysterious and you don’t really find out who she is until the end.
 
I also enjoyed the complexity of Nico. He seemed like an interesting character.
Some of the plot did not make sense like how she agree to marry him after technically being “in a relationship” with him. It just surprised me because, it wasn’t realistic, and it just didn’t seem to fit the character of who Jane was. It fit Nico perfectly because that was how his marriage to Bibi was, but with Jane it was after one night. It was just surprising. I also really love the cover. Its just the simplicity of it is amazing.
 
After reading this, I can’t wait to read Jane Eyre and go see the movie.
Overall: 4 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. i like the sounds of this. i also liked the recent updated movie version of Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete