Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen
Hardcover, 272 pages
Published June 1st 2011 by Point
What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world–and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn’t exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction. – Goodreads
My Opinion: this was definitely a unique read. There were lots of great things but i have to say that this is the first book where I have read that does the whole relationship with a character from a book. It was just interesting to keep reading to see what Vigo would do and how Alexander would react and if finally Amy and Alexander would go anywhere with their relationship.

My favorite character was Katie. Not just because she has my name, but also because she is tiny and can do A LOT of damage, physically. But we also share some similar qualities and she seems like a great friend to have in a time of crisis.

I also really enjoyed that I was on my toes the whole entire time wanting to know when Vigo’s next victim would come and who they would be especially when he started threatening Amy and her family and friends. It was interesting watching the development between all the characters. I really also enjoyed how the police reacted to the “vampire murders” and how they were willing to accept the impossible. I don’t think that would happen in real life. But I also really enjoyed that they were willing to work with Amy on how to defeat him.

The ending was interesting as well. I don’t want to spoil it but I really hope that there will a second or third book to this novel. But I haven’t heard anything about it. Plus the cover is really interesting.

Overall: 4.75 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment